Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DDR and FFR

Hey guys,

While I made this blog primarily to talk about rhythm games on the console, this wouldn't at all be possible without mentioning DDR. That is, Dance Dance Revolution. An arcade hit from the 90's, DDR is still played in Japan and similar Asian countries to this day.



Isn't that crazy?

DDR is arguably the origin of all rhythm games, and has inspired a spinoff called FFR, or Flash Flash Revolution. The Flash here refers to Flash games, a type of game that runs in your browser with an addon installed. It's essentially what you saw in the video, but done with your fingers on a keyboard.

Sometime in early 2009, FFR's website went down, and it remains down to this day. This makes me very sad!

However, the point of this post is to direct you FFR lovers (or completely newbies!) to http://ffr.lightdarkness.net/FFR/
There you can play the original FFR in all it's glory!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

26 comments:

  1. Wow, yeah that's crazy but also awesome! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. its lost forever....like the titanic...its needing a update...BAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I thought FFR was lost forever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to play FFR all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DDR is awesome. FFR looks pretty cool too. Imma give it a shot sometime. Follow my blog @WereAndWillBe.blogspot.com as I'm following yours! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that all was a looong time ago

    got too lazy for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love In The Groove!
    I used to play it all the time. But lately the dedicated cabinets have been disappearing :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. ddr will always be one of my favorites. rock band is a good enough substitue tho

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm old school - loved me some Parappa the Rapper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DDR is pretty good but didn't Parappa the Rappa come out first? Lol think that was the origin of these games.

    http://www.quarterqwerty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow i know this game...
    but anybody knows the name of the song hahaha? :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved DDR mate! I wish my friends were still in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to be sick at DDR. Not like guy at the arcade sick but still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow its been years since i played FFR or DDR

    ReplyDelete
  15. Parappa the Rappa was awesome on the Ps1. DDR is always a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think DDR came first, but I'd have to go look into it. Parappa the Rappa was crazy fun! I remember I had the demo disc for PSX, and it only had one level, the Karate Dojo... lol.

    ReplyDelete